1.1. Lucian Systems (Pty) Ltd use multiple billing platforms. These billing platforms provide ordering capabilities, billing functionality, automation, renewals and reporting. For Cloud Backup Solutions, please also refer to https://www.cloud-backup.co.za/privacy-policy/
1.2. The billing platforms are a combination of off-the-shelf, and custom developed by us.
1.3.1 How your information is used;
1.3.2 Who your information is shared with;
1.3.3 How your data is kept securely; and
1.3.4 The extent to which any personal information is transferred or stored.
1.4. “Personal data” or “personal information” means all information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
1.5 “Processing” means any operation with personal data, irrespective of the means applied and the procedure, and in particular the collection, storage, use, revision, disclosure, archiving, or destruction of data.
1.6 The processing of personal data is managed in line with the provisions and safeguards set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (Act No. 4 of 2013).
2. Responsible Party
2.1 The controller responsible for the data processing described herein is the:
Lucian Systems (Pty) Ltd
Old Toll Road
2.2 Our systems can be accessed via web browsers using suitable and compatible devices.
- Collection and processing of personal data and special personal information
3.1 We do not collect any “special personal information” about you as a customer. For this purpose, “Special personal information” relates to:
3.1.1 the data about your race or ethnicity;
3.1.2 religious or philosophical beliefs;
3.1.3 sex life;
3.1.4 political opinions or trade union membership;
3.1.5 information about your health and biometric data; and
3.1.6 information about criminal convictions and offences.
3.2 The following information will be collected and processed:
3.2.1 personal information (names) as contained in your Identity or passport document. This is to ensure we are able to issue SARS compliant tax invoices;
3.2.2 residential or business address, email address, phone numbers (including mobile numbers so we can contact you about your account when required);
4. Information we process with your consent
Your personal data is processed with your informed consent.
6. Data transfer
No personal data will be transferred from any system, without the required legislative provisions to do so.
7. What security measures are in place to protect my data?
- 1 The Administrators who access our systems have secure user login details that have a full audit trail on all the activities that they perform on their accounts in accordance with their assigned roles.
- 2 We are the owner and Responsible Party of Information and data processed by the systems and have employed stringent technical and best practice procedures in place to ensure the integrity of Personal Information is safeguarded against the risk of loss or damage and against the unauthorised or unlawful access.
- 3 All systems are Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act compliant and allow for capturing of user and client consent in the case of capturing personal information.
- 4 Security is based on at least 99% Availability Service Levels and recommended guidelines for system hardening, security response and automated detection and prevention of intrusion attempts.
- 5 All systems are built with open architecture for interoperability and alignment with local standards.
8. Rights of all users
8.1. In the event of alleged infringements of any data protection legislation in force in the Republic at the time of the alleged infringement, you can contact the competent data protection supervisory authority or take legal action in accordance with that data protection legislation.
8.2. The ability to exercise your rights requires that you provide clear evidence of your identity (e.g. a copy of your identity documents). To assert your rights you can contact us at the address given in clause 2.
9. Other documents governing privacy and data protection